Monday, January 3, 2011

Let's Take Down the Christmas Stuff

Well....I'ts January 3rd and my goal today was to take down the Christmas Tree as well as all of the other Christmas decorations.  I got up, made my list of things to get done for the week and realized that we probably needed to have clean clothes, so I got the laundry going and then started working on MOPS stuff...I am the coordinator at FBCO and we meet this week...then I realized that I needed to run to Wal-Mart and pick up some last minute stuff for MOPS and for us...then I came home and did more laundry and well...somehow the Christmas stuff is still out and the tree is still lit.  I think it will have to wait until tomorrow.

I miss getting Christmas cards in the mail everyday...what a nice surprise to hear from someone who wants nothing more than to tell you and your family Merry Christmas!!  I think maybe if the bill collectors started putting their bills in brightly colored envelopes with a nice letter or picture of themselves we'd smile a bit more when writing their checks...then again...maybe NOT!!!!

I am trying to get today's blogging done while the kids are "soaking" in the bathtub...I figure the longer they soak with bubbles and floating wash clothes that they are bound to get clean...right???  I just need to dry them off sometime before their lips turn purple from the water getting cold...I know you've done the same thing, so just laugh with me...No one will turn you in!!!  As I type this I hear Caleb shouting, "Mom, I'm ready to rinse..." Kaylee is now "swimming" and telling Caleb that he is not her brother but her pet..I love 3 and 4 year old conversations.  They are priceless.

Well, that is all for now.  I think I'll go put on my Christmas "footie" pj's and gaze at my Christmas tree one last time...Tomorrow it WILL come down....

No comments:

Post a Comment